Chicken kabobs are a popular and delicious staple of grilled cuisine, and they’re known for their juicy, tender, and flavorful bites. But have you ever tried sous vide chicken kabobs? This innovative cooking method takes the classic dish to a whole new level. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of sous vide cooking and provide a mouth-watering recipe for creating the ultimate sous vide chicken kabobs.
Benefits of Sous Vide Cooking:
Sous vide, which means “under vacuum” in French, is a cooking technique that involves sealing food in airtight plastic bags or containers and then cooking it in a temperature-controlled water bath. This method offers several advantages for cooking chicken kabobs:
Consistent temperature: Sous vide cooking ensures that the temperature remains constant throughout the cooking process, guaranteeing perfectly cooked chicken every time.
Juiciness: The sealed environment locks in moisture, ensuring that the chicken retains its natural juices and flavors.
Tender texture: The gentle, even heat of sous vide cooking allows the chicken to cook evenly without becoming dry or overcooked.
Flavor infusion: Marinating the chicken in the sous vide bag allows the flavors to penetrate more deeply into the meat, resulting in a more flavorful dish.
Recipe: Sous Vide Chicken Kabobs
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Optional vegetables for skewers: bell peppers, red onions, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Add the cubed chicken to the marinade, making sure each piece is well coated. Seal the chicken and marinade in a vacuum-sealed bag or airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your sous vide cooker to 146°F (63°C). Once the water bath reaches the desired temperature, immerse the sealed bag or container into the water, making sure the chicken is fully submerged. Cook for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning. If you’re using metal skewers, skip this step.
- After the chicken has finished cooking, carefully remove the bag or container from the water bath. Drain the excess marinade and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread the cooked chicken onto skewers, alternating with vegetables of your choice, if desired.
- Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they develop a nice char and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the skewers from the grill, and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious and juicy sous vide chicken kabobs with your favorite side dishes!
Sous vide chicken kabobs are a surefire way to elevate your grilling game and impress your guests with tender, juicy, and incredibly flavorful bites. The sous vide cooking method ensures even cooking and locks in the delicious marinade, creating a taste sensation that’s hard to beat.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, a family dinner, or simply enjoying a quiet meal at home, these sous vide chicken kabobs are a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone wanting more. So, grab your skewers, fire up your grill, and embark on a flavorful adventure with this exceptional recipe!